We are delighted to announce that our 18th Annual Holiday Clothing and Shoe Drive starts today. This year, many nonprofits are not accepting donations. Those that are, like the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission, are serving more areas and have an even greater need. Please join us in helping them clothe our neighbors in need.
Important Points About The 18th Annual Clothing and Shoe Drive
- The drive starts today and runs through December 31, 2020.
- Donate in person at any of our four Flair Cleaners locations.
- Donate via Pickup and Delivery. Leave a clearly marked bag out with your order.
- All donations will go to the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission.
- Flair will wash or clean every item before delivering it to the Mission.
- Clothing needed: All types of clothing in all sizes are needed as well as accessories such as gloves, scarves, hats, belts and purses. Shoes, jeans, and other denim products, rain gear, and professional clothes are in high demand.
About the San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission
The San Fernando Valley Rescue Mission provides shelter and guidance for homeless families at its Home Again Family Success Center in Northridge. It helps families recover from the devastating effects of homelessness by meeting their basic needs. For example, it provides food, clothing, and shelter while also working to identify the underlying reasons for becoming homeless and establishing a plan of restoration.
Their Renewed Hope Recovery Program located in Hollywood, serves homeless men living with issues of substance abuse and other self-destructive behaviors. Most importantly, they provide shelter, food, clothing, and case management services. Participants also receive classroom instruction and individual and group therapy sessions. Residents also receive vocational training that provides valuable work experience that often leads to full-time employment upon graduation from the program.
The Misson engages the unsheltered homeless on the streets through its Survival Outreach Services program. They provide hot showers, clothing, hygiene products, haircuts, and meals throughout Los Angeles County.
Leave a Comment