Benefits the Los Angeles Mission, MEND, and Helping Hands for the Blind
Warm, waterproof clothing is needed especially this year because of the extreme El Niño forecasted for this winter.
Flair Cleaners wants to help you clean out your closet and feel good about it. Beginning November 27, all five Flair Cleaners locations – Burbank, Redondo Beach, Santa Monica, Studio City, and Valencia – will be accepting donations of gently used or new clothing and shoes as part of its 13th Annual Holiday Clothing and Shoe Drive. The drive, which runs through December 31, will benefit the Los Angeles Mission, MEND, and Helping Hands for the Blind.
Since we started this tradition 13 years ago, our customers have helped us collect and donate tens of thousands of pounds of clothing and shoes. With El Niño coming, donations of raincoats, gloves, scarves, and boots are especially needed. With your help, we can help those in our communities who are most in need, be prepared.
Clothing and shoes can be left in the large donation bins in the lobby of all five Flair locations – Santa Monica, Burbank, Studio City, Redondo Beach and Valencia. While all types of clothing will be accepted, shoes, jeans and other denim products, professional clothes, and accessories such as gloves, scarves, hats, belts and purses, are needed. Clothing and shoes may be gently used but must be in good condition, wearable and not ready to be discarded. Remember to empty all pockets before donating. Clothing will be cleaned, if needed, and then distributed. To learn more about the charities we are supporting this year, visit Flair’s Facebook page. Tax receipts will be available on request
Tips on Selecting Clothes to Donate:
- Dedicate time to go through every item in your wardrobe.
- Sort through your shoes first, next do accessories, tackle hanging clothes third, and finally, sort through drawers.
- When going through clothes and shoes, consider what might be better used by others in need.
- Ask yourself, “Does this fit? Have I worn this in the last 12 months? Is it likely I will ever wear this again? Is this currently in style, and/or does it represent my style? If I was shopping right now, would I buy this?”
- Once you decide to donate a garment, be sure to check the pockets and remove any personal items.