Summer is here and the weather is heating up! Help keep your dogs and cats safe and healthy with these tips!
- Watch for heatstroke – symptoms include panting, lethargy, drooling, fever, vomiting and collapse. If you think your pet may have heatstroke, get to the vet ASAP — the condition can cause permanent organ damage and death.
- Give your pet extra water – refill their water bowl more often than usual on very hot days.
- Offer your pet several ways to cool off – leave a fan on in a place where your pet can sit in front of it, add some ice cubes to their water or offer them a cool treat.
- Never leave your pet alone inside a car – even with the windows cracked, the inside of a car can heat up to 120 degrees in a matter of minutes on a warm day.
- Let your pet find cool spots in the house – your pet will seek out the cooler parts of your home, so make sure he or she has access to areas with tile floors or rooms that don’t get much sun.
Summer also means shedding. If you’re having trouble ridding your clothes of fur, bring them in. At Flair, we care about every member of your family!
Leave a Comment