Fall and winter months typically mean more travel, whether you’re heading home for a visit or heading to the hills for a ski vacation or mountain retreat. If you’re heading to a colder climate, you’ll probably have to pack a jacket or winter coat. These can be bulky and often won’t fit, take up your entire suitcase, or end up being carried and sometimes forgotten on the plane. To avoid these situations, we’ve compiled some proven tips and tricks on how to pack a these items in the most efficient way possible.
How To Pack Winter Coats and Jackets
- Zip the Coat Up. Zipping up your winter coat or jacket makes the rest of the process easier. This also ensures your coat remains as crease-free as possible.
- Fold in the Sleeves. Fold them backward at a natural angle. Your sleeves shouldn’t overlap.
- Fold the Coat in Half. Next, fold your it along the midline to ensure that everything is neat and tidy. Then, Be sure that the front of your coat or jacket is facing outward.
- Roll it Up. After folding, it’s time to roll it, Marie Kondo style! Make sure to keep the edges straight and to release any trapped air while you are rolling. The tighter the roll, the smaller your it will be in your suitcase.
- Secure the Roll with Heavy Duty Bands. If you don’t secure the roll, all of your hard work will unravel as soon as you let go. Therefore, make sure to find heavy-duty rubber bands to keep your coat or jacket place (note: if you use thin rubber bands, they are liable to break.)
Now that you know how to pack a winter jacket, now you’ll need to know how to keep it clean. That’s where Flair comes in. We’re proud to offer a host of services that are designed to keep all your garments clean and ready to wear. To learn more about how we can clean your winter coat, visit our dry cleaners in Studio City, Santa Monica, Redondo Beach, or Valencia.