One of the recipients of the 14th Annual Flair Cares Clothing and Shoe Drive is MEND – Meet Each Need with Dignity. MEND is one of the largest and most comprehensive poverty-relief organizations in the San Fernando Valley. Each month they help an average of 37,000 individuals in our communities by providing basic human needs. Additionally, they provide their clients with the tools, education, training, support and opportunities that foster self-reliance.
MEND relies on the energy and passion of more than 5,000 volunteers who work relentlessly to provide a wide range of services.
- Clothing Center
- Medical, dental and eye care
- Job training
- Adult classes in English as a second language, computer and office skills, literacy, sewing and parenting
- Math, reading and science tutoring for kids
- Showers and other services for the homeless
- A Home Garden Training program
- Annual Holiday Basket Program for families in need.
The clothing collected during the Flair Cares Annual Clothing and Shoe Drive will go to MEND’s Clothing Center, a crucial resource for families and individuals who need clothing, shoes, blankets and small household items.
MEND’s Clothing Center Services
- The Center provides trainees with experience and education in inventory and display management.
- It’s “Project Job Ready” prepares individuals for job interviews by providing résumé help, coaching and a professional outfit.
- Through “Project Glamour” teen girls receive a dress, accessories, hairdo and make-up for prom.
- The Women’s Conference at the Clothing Center supports women in the community with opportunities for networking, exchanging ideas, empowerment and growth.
We are proud to support MEND through our drive and appreciate your support of our program. As a reminder, you can donate both new and gently used clothes and shoes at our Redondo Beach, Burbank, Studio City, Valencia and Santa Monica locations. For details on what to donate, please visit us on Facebook.