There’s nothing like a new season to make a wardrobe refresh exciting – especially for men! Fall brings the perfect weather for layering, different fabrics, and other fall fashion essentials. Keep these ideas in mind when building a balanced 2023 fall wardrobe.
Fall Style Tips
- Versatility. With the hot days of summer spilling over into fall, flexible choices are critical to a winning look for style and comfort. Smart combinations include pieces that adapt. Look for clothes that provide freedom of movement and the warmth needed for cool fall nights.
- Layering. This simple technique opens the door to many looks using a few essential items. Experiment by layering different pieces in different color combinations to create new, cozy looks.
- Individuality. Your fall wardrobe brings the opportunity to showcase your style every day. You can do it on a budget by changing how you have worn something in the past or by adding a few key pieces that allow you to change your style. Remember that you want to add details that go with everything else you already own.
Fall Wardrobe Essentials
- Sweaters and cardigans. Choose those made from cotton or light, high-quality fibers like Merino wool.
- Oversize shirts that can be worn open over T-shirts for added warmth and style.
- Pants. Cargo and washed jersey pants are making a comeback this year. You can never go wrong with Chino or nice jeans for the office.
- Jackets bring fun to your style, whether a fashionable utility jacket, a luxe leather bomber, or a reliable denim option. Don’t forget to look for the perfect-for-layering jackets and practical jackets for the fall that are as high-performance as they are stylish.
- Coats. There are many fit and style choices in this category, but choices should be guided by what works best for you personally. Classic coats bring a certain panache, while oversized coats are ideal for layers. Coats can be an investment worn for years, so choose wisely.
- Shoes and socks. Fall is a great time to have fun with different shoes — chukkas, loafers, or sneakers. But the real fun and flair come from the socks you choose to wear with them.
- Accessories. Finally, have fun with accessories from ties, belts, and bags to hats, sunglasses, gloves, and more. These fashion essentials give you a chance to showcase your personal style.