Veteran’s Day is tomorrow and we at Flair want to thank all our veterans for their loyal service.
In addition to Veterans Day, November is also Military Family Appreciation Month. Often, we forget about the military families and the sacrifices they make for their loved ones and for us. Military Family Appreciation Month lets us recognize these sacrifices and contributions.
President Obama on Military Family Month:
“Military families exemplify the courage and resolve that define our national character. For their country and their loved ones, they rise to the challenges of multiple deployments and frequent moves — spouses who care and provide for children in their partners’ absence, kids who make new friends and leave known comforts behind. They are the force behind the force, patriots who support their family members in uniform while enriching the communities they call home.”
Did you know:
- Over two million children have parents who served in Iraq or Afghanistan alone.
- Stress levels sky rocket, and spouses and children can struggle when service members are gone for prolonged periods.
- Some may even have a difficult time adjusting when the service member returns.
Do you know of military families in your community? Here are some ways you can let them know how appreciated they are for their sacrifices.
- Say thank you! Write a note to express your gratitude for their service.
- Perform an anonymous random act of kindness for the family.
- Donate to a veterans’ charity on their behalf.
- Ask them how you can help.
The staff at all Flair Cleaners locations, Redondo Beach, Sana Monica, Valencia, Studio City and Burbank, thank both our veterans and their families for the sacrifices they make every day. Wishing you all a Happy Veteran’s Day.
Leave a Comment