Whether shopping for clothes or sorting laundry, it’s important to inspect each tag or label for proper care instructions. Even on items that can be laundered at home, certain stains require the skill and solvents of a professional dry cleaner to remove. Taking your clothes to Flair Cleaners involves more than simply dropping a crumpled load of garments on the counter or leaving them out for our FREE Pickup & Delivery service. Properly preparing your clothes will ensure that your clothing is properly dry, cleaned or laundered.
Tips to Prepare Your Items
- Empty your pockets. Remove change, trash, and items that can cause damage to your clothing when cleaned, such as chewing gum, lip gloss, pencils, pens, makeup, or candy.
- Review the care labels. If any have special instructions, bring them to your dry cleaner’s attention.
- If you have stained or soiled items, mark the area of concern using masking tape or a safety pin. This will help you quickly point out the problem to your dry cleaner.
- Do you know where the stain originated? If you know the stain came from spilled coffee, tell us. Knowing what made the stain will help us remove it more effectively.
- If you have other concerns – such as missing buttons, loose threads, or mending needs – make them known when you drop off or send your garments.
- Unbutton all the buttons on your shirts.
- If you have a large load that needs detailed explanations, please call to find out our slowest periods of the day so we can take the time you need.
While we check every item, we handle large volumes, so providing us with information, removing debris from your pockets, preparing your clothes, and noting specific requests upfront will ensure we meet your expectations.
Thank you! Please call any Flair Cleaners location if you have any questions about preparing your clothes for dry cleaning.