The 14th Annual Flair Cares Holiday Clothing and Shoe Drive supports The Los Angeles Mission, as well as other local nonprofits. The faith-based, private, nonprofit Los Angeles Mission was founded in 1936. Since then, it has served the needs of homeless and disadvantaged in our communities. As such, the Los Angeles Mission is among the nation’s largest service providers to the homeless.
The Los Angeles Mission:
- Provides residential and non-residential programs designed to address addictions and abuse.
- Gives food, clothing and shelter to those who are homeless or in jeopardy of becoming homeless.
- Uses Internet communications and technology to create a virtual network so that persons are cared for and supported by mentors and friends.
- Encourages literacy, education and training for employment as the equipping means for self-support and stabilization.
- Works to assist those for whom a self-sustaining lifestyle is beyond their abilities.
- Provides for spiritual, emotional and physical support with personal accountability so that individuals can live in healthy, supportive relationships.
The Los Angeles Mission provides its primary emergency services free of charge to all in need. These include hot meals, shelter, clothing, showers and temporary storage. In addition, guests receive primary healthcare, testing, education and counseling.
Customers may drop off clothing and shoes at all five Flair locations: Valencia, Redondo Beach, Burbank, Santa Monica and Studio City. Remember, empty all pockets before donating your gently used or new clothes. Thank you for your generosity and support.
For a complete list of what is needed, please go to our Facebook page.