Winter coats are an investment we make hoping that they will last several seasons in our mild climate. To keep your coats looking their best, our professionals at Fair Cleaners have compiled some simple tips.
Care Tips for Coats
- Hang your coat on a well-padded or sturdy wooden hanger to maintain its shape and structure.
- If your coat gets wet, hang it in a well-ventilated area to air dry.
- Remove surface dust, loose dirt, and lint with a good clothes brush.
- Follow the manufacturer’s labels for cleaning. If you aren’t sure, bring your coat to Flair Cleaners for information.
- Avoid carrying heavy or dyed shoulder bags. Heavy bags wear on the coat and dyes may leave stains.
- Wear a scarf to prevent stains on the collar from make-up and natural oils in your hair and skin.
- Turn your coat inside out when you check it at an event. This keeps dirt and spills on the lining where it will not be seen if it cannot be removed.
- Remove items from the pockets after wearing your coat. Heavy items can stretch or tear the pockets.
- If you take your coat off for any reason, fold it over the back of a chair, lay it flat, or hang it. This helps avoid wrinkles, dirt, and damage.
- If you spill anything on your coat, blot (never rub) the spot gently. Then, bring your coat in to Flair Cleaners as soon as possible. Point out any oil or serious dirt areas when you bring your coat in.
The cleaning professionals at all five Flair locations – Redondo Beach, Studio City, Valencia, Burbank, and Santa Monica – are experts on treating stains. Following these simple steps will help to keep your winter coat looking good for years to come.
Leave a Comment