School dress codes can be daunting, especially if you have kids in different schools and activities or who grow during the year! Moreover, the requirements can vary from school to school. It’s always best to check with each school for their policy to determine how a school uniform can be altered – or, more important – must be altered. Once you have the specifications, please bring them to Flair with the uniform (and the student) for a professional fitting. Our tailors will be sure the uniform meets the dress code and fits comfortably.
The professional tailors at Flair Cleaners have earned a reputation as the area’s foremost specialists in clothing alterations and repair. With decades of experience, they can do almost anything with a needle and thread. Rest assured, our tailors will take care of it from the basic repairs to the most extreme alteration.
These are a few of the types of school uniforms we tailor:
- Preschool, elementary, middle, and high school uniforms
- Sports and cheer uniforms
- Choir and band uniforms
- Scouts, clubs, and other extra-curricular uniforms
- Instructor and coach suits and apparel
Common School Uniform Alterations and Tailoring Needs:
- Lengthening or shortening skirt and pant hems
- Adjusting blazer fit and sleeve length
- Alterations for vests, pants (inseam, waist, etc.)
- Tailored shirts
- Affix patches
- Repairs to zippers, buttons, minor tears, etc.
This represents a small portion of our tailoring services. To learn more or if you have questions, contact your local Flair Cleaners.