We’ve often talked about how often you should dry clean your comforters and blankets, but not about why. There are a host of reasons, and we’re sure you’ll appreciate each one.
Benefits of Dry Cleaning Bedding
- Dirt. Comforters and blankets are much dirtier than you think. Of course, there is surface dirt we can see. But what about the skin cells, oil, and dust mites? These can lurk deep in fabric fibers making them hard to clean in a washing machine. Dry cleaning deep-cleans bedding by penetrating fabrics and removing everything that shouldn’t be there. Sleeping on a truly clean bed starts at Flair.
- Lumps (or lack of lumps). Washing machines cause comforters and blankets (and towels for that matter) to twist, turn, and bunch up. This makes it hard to achieve a deep clean. But with bedding, twists and bunches can cause another issue. The twisted fabric and trapped moisture can cause comforters and large blankets to fill with lumps after washing. Getting these out isn’t easy, and some may never look or feel the same. Dry cleaning is the easiest way to avoid this problem.
- Colors. Have you ever noticed that after several washes, the colors on your blankets and comforters fade? This may lead to early replacement syndrome – buying new ones simply because the current pieces are dingy. This can be hard on the wallet and you if you plan to match the bedroom décor. Dry cleaning, especially with the GreenEarth process used at Flair, actually preserves colors, prevents fading, and eliminates shopping nightmares.
- The Washing Machine. Fitting your comforter inside a home washing machine is tough at best. Jamming it in can lead to damage and expensive repairs. The cost of dry cleaning comforters is far less than repairing or replacing a machine.
- Time and Stress. We’ve all done this at least once. Load the comforter (with difficulty) into the washer and go on to other things. Suddenly, you hear a loud banging. After your heart settles down, you realize the washer is off balance. So, you stop what you’re doing, fix it, and go start it up again. Then on to other things – temporarily. This scenario repeats itself until somehow you get the load to finish. It’s disruptive and time-consuming.
With Flair, scheduling dry cleaning pickup and delivery is a breeze. Simply send an email to wedeliver@FlairCleaners.com, call your local store, or use our Mobile App. Or bring your order to your local Flair Cleaners. Once your order is in, we’ll do the rest so you can look forward to a good night’s sleep.